ACR 2831 GlobalFix™ V4 GPS EPIRB - Category 2
2831 GlobalFix™ V4 GPS EPIRB - Category 2
The GlobalFix™ V4 EPIRB is a marine distress beacon with multiple
built-in redundancies to increase your chances of survival in an emergency
situation. The internal GPS will pin-point your location, which is
transmitted on the 406 MHz distress signal which in the absence of GPS
coordinates, can be used to triangulate your position. The beacons 121.5
MHz homing signal will bring local search and rescue forces directly to your
position and the EPIRBs LED strobe light will allow them to visually locate
your position in low light environments.
The GlobalFix V4 has two functional self-tests to monitor the beacons
transmission, power and battery performance, as well as GPS acquisition.
Pair these tests up with ACR's 406Link.com optional testing portal and
receive satellite confirmation messages directly to your cellphone or email.
The user replaceable battery pack has a 10 year replacement interval reducing the overall ownership cost and making replacement a breeze. Should you ever use the beacon in a life threatening situation, ACR will replace it, Free of Charge. Simply submit your story to ACR's SurvivorClub.com program and return your used beacon for a free replacement.
- High visible LED strobe - Energy Efficient
- Internal 66 channel GPS - Faster acquisition from a cold start
- High efficiency electronics - Performance you can count on
- User replaceable bettery - 10 year battery life
- Professional grade design - Engineered, tested and built for years of
abusive marine use
- Simple manual activation - Keypad with protective cover to prevent false
- Uses Search and Rescue Satellites - No subscription fees
- If you use it...ACR will replace it, FREE of charge - Simply submit your
story, send ACR back your used beacon, so they can have it mounted on the
Wall of Fame and ACR will send you a brand new beacon of equal or greater
- Activation Method: Manually
- Application: Coastal Cruising, Sailing, Offshore Recreational and
- Material: High Impact UV resistant polymer
- Battery Life: 10 Year User Replaceable
- EPIRB Type: Category 2/Class 2
- Floating: Yes
- GPS Enabled: Yes
- Dimensions: 8.6" x 4.3" x 3.6"
- Strobe: LED Strobe
- Transmit Time: Minimum 48 Hours @ -4° (-20°C)
Programmed for USA. For foreign flagged vessels or non-USA residents, please refer to SKU 33712 for programming services.
- Waterproof: 33ft (10m) @ 10 min. Exceeds RTCM standard
- Weight: 1.63lbs (26oz) with bracket
- Warranty: 5 years
- Floats: Yes
- Category: II
- Built-In Strobe: Yes
- Battery Replacement (Years): 10 Years
- Activation Method: Manual
- Box Dimensions: 6"H x 6"W x 13"L WT: 3.5 lbs
- UPC: 791659028315