B&G Vulcan 9 FS 9" Multifunction Display ForwardScan Capabilities w/o Transducer
Vulcan 9 FS 9" Multifunction Display ForwardScan Capabilities w/o Transducer
- C-MAP® Easy Routing and Navionics® Autorouting support
- Easy-to-interpret C-MAP Navigation Palette
- C-MAP® Easy Routing and Navionics® Dock-to-Dock Autorouting: You will navigate faster and easier with automatic route planning. Menu activated, the feature automatically plots the shortest and safest course based on a boat’s draft, beam and height, creating a route around a landmass and other fixed navigational hazards. Requires C-MAP MAX-N+ charts, Navionics+ or Navionics Platinum charts.
- C-MAP Navigation Palette: Enhances the readability of C-MAP charts, especially near shore, making it easy to tell where the boat is in relation to a channel, navaid, ledges and drop-offs, or a point of land
Great value, large screen chartplotter for coastal cruising and club racing sailing boats.
- Easy-to-Use 9" Multi-touch sailing chartplotter
- Award wining sailing features including SailSteer™
- Choose your favorite charts
- Integrated Wi-Fi for GoFree®
- Control your B&G autopilot
- Broadband Radar™ and ForwardScan™ compatible
Intuitive, multi-touch chartplotter for sailors
The B&G Vulcan 9 is a chartplotter built specifically for sailors, packed with sailing-specific functions and featuring an intuitive 9-inch multi-touch display. Pinch to zoom, swipe to pan; the Vulcan 9 is as easy to use as a smartphone or tablet, and designed to make your life on the water easier.
This powerful chartplotter has all the usual features such as waypoints, routes and tracks. It comes with a high performance internal GPS antenna ensuring pinpoint position accuracy.
Dedicated Sail & Cruise Features
With B&G's award-winning SailSteer™ function, you can see all of your key sailing data at a glance. View data together on one handy dedicated screen, or overlaid on charts for the modern sailor's ultimate navigational view. With the addition of sailing instruments and sensors via industry-standard NMEA 2000® networking, SailSteer evolves to show Boat Speed, Wind data, Heading, Tide, Wind Shift Sectors and even Laylines - enhancing the detail on SailSteer and chart screens. It's easy to add waypoints or plot a course; with B&G SailingTime you'll see waypoint arrival times based on realistic sailing course and tidal effects, rather than a straight-line calculation.
Secondary autopilot controller
When connected to a B&G Pilot system, the Vulcan 9 acts as a secondary autopilot controller providing Intelligent Sail Steering, manual and auto steering functions, and Smart Manoeuvre functionality combined with intuitive menus for ultimate control.
Integrate the Vulcan 9 with your onboard instruments to use the screen as a large, highly-visible instrument display. Create and customise single, dual and 4-way data page layouts.
Widescreen, Multi-Touch Display
Vulcan 9 design delivers maximum display space in a small form factor. The intuitive multi-touch interface features common gestures like pinch-to-zoom and swipe-to-pan, making the Vulcan 9 incredibly easy to use.
Choice of Charts
Choose from C-MAP, Navionics, NV Digital or Insight charting options to make the most of your routing and planning.
Vulcan 9 features built in Wi-Fi allowing you to connect to the internet, via a marina or smartphone hotspot, and access the GoFree™ Shop where you can download charts and software updates direct to your display. You can also mirror the screen of your Vulcan 9 on a compatible smartphone or tablet, allowing you to view and control (tablet only) your chartplotter from virtually anywhere on your boat. This makes the Vulcan 9 an incredibly cost effective dual-station solution for smaller boats.
Smart NMEA 2000 networking
Easily and seamlessly connect essential kit for cruising and sailing such as sailing instruments, the B&G SonicHub marine audio server, ZG100 external GPS antenna, and DSC VHF Marine Radio. Vulcan 9 gathers data as you sail, ready when you need it.
Add B&G Broadband 3G™ or 4G™ Radar to keep watch as you sail, with the ability to identify and track targets from 36 nautical miles away (4G) to right off the bow. Cruise safely through crowded harbours, avoid obstacles in poor visibility, and keep an eye on distant storm cells all from your Vulcan 9 display.
Add an optional ForwardScan™ transducer to see what lies ahead under the water with approaching depth information. Explore poorly-charted or unfamiliar waters confidently with a clear image of the bottom ahead of your boat.
- Frequency: 50/200/455/800kHz
- Resolution (VxH): 800 x 480 Pixels
- Screen Size: 9
- Screen Type: Color
- Touchscreen: Yes
- Transducer Type: Not Included
- Waterproof Rating: Waterproof
- Box Dimensions: 9"H x 10"W x 13"L WT: 5.9 lbs
- UPC: 9420024153710