Furuno FM4800 VHF Radio w/AIS, GPS & Loudhailer
Upgrade Your Helm and Save up $1,000 w/Qualifying Purchases UNTIL 05/31/2019 VIEW
FM4800 VHF Radio with AIS, GPS & Loudhailer
Marine VHF Radiotelephone with Class D DSC, GPS Receiver, AIS Receiver and Simplified Loud Hailer
The FM4800 is a marine VHF radiotelephone with built-in Class D DSC, GPS Receiver, AIS Receiver, and Simplified Loud Hailer with intercom. Its compact housing enables it to be installed in a variety of craft, even vessels where space is limited, such as center-console boats. The unit can be mounted on its lightweight bracket, either desktop or overhead, or it can be flush mounted. The FM4800 shares a common appearance with other Furuno equipment, such as NavNet TZtouch2, NavPilot 711C, and the FI70 Instrument series, offering an integrated appearance to any helm.
With its built-in GPS receiver, the FM4800 does not require an external GPS source to enable its DSC functionality. The unit can be used as a backup source of GPS positioning for other onboard electronics. Its built-in AIS Receiver can be used to overlay AIS targets with networked GPS Plotters or MFD's, such as NavNet TZtouch, NavNet TZtouch2, or GP1871F/GP1971F combo units.
Built-In GPS, DSC & AIS
An existing GPS source can be connected to the FM4800, and it can share its own GPS, DSC and AIS information via NMEA0183 or NMEA2000. When connected via NMEA2000 to any NavNet TZtouch2 MFD, DSC calling can be initiated directly from the TZtouch2 MFD by simply tapping on the AIS/DSC target and selecting [DSC Call]. Additionally, when MOB (Man Overboard) is activated on a TZtouch2 MFD, the FM4800 enters a special mode where you can initiate a distress call by simply pushing the rotary knob.
Loud Hailer, Intercom & Listen Back Features
The FM4800 can operate as a simplified Loud Hailer with intercom, featuring 8 patterns of alert sounds. Loud Hailer, Fog Horn and Warning Signal features are all available, enhancing onboard safety and communications while navigating in the dark or fog. When connected with the second-station handset, intercom communications are available, allowing communications between the two devices. Additionally, the horn speaker can be used to collect external sounds and transmit them through the built-in speaker with a function called Listen Back. In this way, a person on the deck can easily communicate with the bridge, a particularly useful feature for a variety of fishing vessels and workboats. The Listen Back function can also be an effective tool on sport fishing vessels, allowing the horn speaker to collect the sound from fishing rods and lines when you get a strike.
- NMEA2000 Certified VHF, AIS Receiver, 30-Watt Loudhailer, GPS & Remote DSC
- Simplified installation thanks to its pigtail cables & "5-in-1" configuration
- Dual-station operation w/optional HS4800 full-function remote (up to 30 meters)
- Single NMEA2000 connection for backup GPS/AIS Receiver/Remote DSC
- Outputs NMEA0183 Position, AIS and DSC data to legacy equipment
- IP67 waterproof transceiver, microphone, handset (option) & speaker (option)
- Cosmetic match to TZtouch2 for consistent "family" look when flush mounted
- Multiple mounting options (Desktop, Overhead, Flush Mount)
- Initiate DSC calls directly from TZtouch2 MFDs (version 6.01 software)
- DSC Class: D
- Scrambler Capable: No
- Channels - Available: All US, Canadian, International
- Remote Mic Capable: Yes
- Power - Output (Watts): 1/25W
- Hailer/Intercom: Both
- Box Dimensions: 7"H x 10"W x 11"L WT: 6.9 lbs
- UPC: 611679377609
Owner's Manual (pdf)