The GMS 10 Network Port Expander is the "nerve center" of the Garmin Marine Network. This 100-Mbit switch is designed to support the connection of multiple sensors and the GPSMAP 3006C and GPSMAP 3010C chartplotters/multifunction displays (MFDs) to the Garmin Marine Network. The GMS 10 allows users to gain the benefit of Ethernet-like data transfer speeds up to 10 times faster than some competitive systems.
Each networked MFD can be configured independently, and the connections are completely waterproof for operation in corrosive marine environments. The switch has LED indicators for individual line status. Plug-and-play design means that all peripherals are automatically detected and readily accessible once they're connected to the network. Likewise, owners can easily expand their systems by using the same standard data cable to plug additional units and displays into the GMS 10 network ports.
Features of both the GMS 10 Network Port Expander and the Garmin Marine Network:
- Completely plug-n-play (automatically detects unit at connection)
- 100 Mbit Garmin-proprietary network
- Totally waterproof connections
- Same network cable for direct unit-to-unit or unit-to-port expander
- Meets rigid IEC 60529 IPX7 submersible standards
Owner's Manual (pdf)